Friday, February 25, 2011

Chalkboard Friday!

(Old photo from my files. I painted chalkboards out of old picture frames
for our grandchildren.  They still love drawing on these!)
Please tell me you've painted with chalkboard paint as least one ti
me! If not, go buy a small can (not spray) and give it a try.  Before long you'll be painting walls!  Think of a section of wall in your child's room, then tape it off and paint it with chalkboard paint.  You should paint on at least 2 coats, letting each coat dry completely before you add the next.  Look for colorful chalk for your child to use.  I think YOU will be the one writing and drawing art on the chalkboard.


For Jessica's wedding I painted one inside wall of the little barn that we used for the candy bar and gift table area.  I loved this wall at the end of the night, so many sweet things were written, some funny things too!

(...how about the "tuck each other in at night"...so sweet!)


Most of this is still on the wall, after 5 months!
(Nathan and Thuy are getting married this April!)


Painting with chalkboard paint is one of my most favorite activities.  How about you?


You can check out more fun things on Cindy's My Romantic Home Show & Tell Friday linky party!
  And Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday!

Have a beautiful weekend!   Blessings, Heidi

14 comments:

Vanessa {Bloom Right Here!} said...

Love the chalkboard wall for the wedding! What a fun idea! I've done many chalkboard projects. There is a wall in my house that I think might be my next project and I also have an old wooden door that would make a fun chalkboard.

deb said...

I loove chalkboard paint. I became addicted after painting a small section for the kids. Love it for the wedding.

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

I have a thing for chalkboards too, Heidi. It's fun! Not only for our little ones ;)

Have a happy Sunday xx

Scrap for Joy said...

Does this count? I bought a can of blackboard paint but haven't used it yet...waiting for spring when I can have the garage door open and then I'll be a painting madwoman...I have many project lined up!!
xoxo
Joyce

Angela said...

I love chalkboards, too! Been on the lookout for one to put up in my kitchen. The kids look like they are having fun!

Amy M. said...

Oh! I love the idea of the picture-frame chalkboards! I tried doing some out of old baking sheets but the paint didn't adhere very well. I'm going to try your idea!

-Amy
Crafting by Candlelight

The Adventures of Ordy and Joon said...

I LOVE this idea! I just experimented with chalkboard paint (in a huge way- I think i went overboard- an entire wall!!) you can see it here:

http://ordyandjoon.blogspot.com/2011/02/yes-i-love-to-use-my-ellipses.html

but i'm loving your idea for incorporating it for a wedding! my dream is to have a barn wedding... ahh love it!

mimi said...

When we were changing Alex's room from a nursery to a "big boy" room I thought about painting a portion of a wall with chalkboard paint. Everyone told me I was crazy and I chickened out---oh I wish I would have followed my instincts--it sure does look like fun.
What a cool idea to use it in Jessica's wedding :)
xoxo
Mimi

Leaon Mary said...

I love it Heidi! Now I'm wondering... hmmm... which wall? lol I just adore leaving little messages all over ... especially scripture. Think I need a large chalkboard by our bathroom mirror coz I could change my memory scripture and have it there while getting ready!
And now you have me thinkin: MIke has a dry erase board out in the shop that he writes messages and part numbers etc on.... Hmmm... I should paint THAT WALL with chalkboard paint! I bet he'd use it alot! Thanks for the inspiration!
Holykisses dear friend!

koralee said...

What fun...I love the idea of chalkboards...did a wall in my daughters room...she loves it.

Thanks for visiting me. Happy friday. xoxo

Lisa@celebrate CREATIVITY said...

I've used chalkboard paint for a few projects and I love it too.

I haven't built up enough nerve to use it on an entire wall yet-lol.

Enjoy your day!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I wonder if we can even get chalkboard paint on this side of the world? Love your ideas and seeing the fun times you have with the grandkids. Especially baking cookies and visiting the little lambs. So sweet! So wonderful that the kids are able to enjoy the great outdoors. Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Oops! I got so caught up in reading your posts that I forgot the main reason I came over was to say happy belated birthday. I saw you in the blog birthday roll over at Two Crazy Crafters! My birthday was exactly a week ago today. Hope you had a very special day. Best wishes, Tammy

Kathy said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!