Tuesday, March 8, 2011

C-ing things: Claira, Cranberry COOKIES, Cheeseburgers & Chalkboards

In my cake picture (in my last post) I see my photograph of Ellie, Claira and I was when Claira was in the middle of a outfit change!  I wanted you to see her in her pretty party clothes.  Here she is (held by Jessica):

Notice the cookies she's reaching for, which we didn't let her have!  These are such yummy cookies, I'll share my recipe with you.  When I made these, or regular chocolate chip cookies, I can't eat more than 3 even if I want to.  If I do, I wake up with a bad headache, from the sugar I guess.  Does that happen to any of you?  

Here's the recipe:

Heidi’s Cranberry Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies
Ingredients

1 cup butter -- softened
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs -- beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups quick cooking oat meal
1 cup craisins
1 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375°. Blend together butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Mix in 2 beaten eggs. Gradually add all remaining ingredients. Drop by rounded teaspoon 2" apart on to ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.   Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our two girls planned the party, Melissa was in charge of grilling the cheeseburgers:
  They were so good, in fact, so good I ate two!  And I never eat more than one! Jessica made sweet potato oven french fries, and there was a macaroni salad.  (Check out Allrecipes.com for sweet potato french fries.)



A few more things to say about chalkboards:  Did you know you can make your own chalkboard paint?  Neither did I until recently.  One of my daily stops if CresendoH, and today one of the blogs Jenny Doh pointed out was  The Idea Room Blog, which pointed me to Martha Stewarts craft website which told how to make homemade chalkboard paint! (Did you follow all that?)

Looks simple to me, watch for what I come up with!  You know I love painting chalkboards, walls, tables, frames, menu boards, and anything that doesn't move!  Here's a set I hung on our guest room wall:
(Still one more to add, I like sets of 3 or 5 better!)

Blessings, Heidi

(Linked to Today's Creative Blog's "Get Your Craft On",  Sugar & Dot's "What I Whipped Up Wednesday, and Someday Craf's Whatever Goes Wednesday",
 

3 comments:

mimi said...

YUMMY YUMMY I can't wait to try that cookie recipe---it has all my favorites. Maybe tomorrow---a quick trip to the grocery store and while Drew naps I can bake :) It is going to be a rainy day tomorrow--these cookies along with a cup of chi tea will bring sunshine to my day :)
xoxo
Mimi

Corey~living and loving said...

oh Heidi....I'm sorry I missed your birthday. It looks like you had a wonderful time. :) birthday hugs to you!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Heidi,
Sending you Happy Birthday wishes!!! And I love your chalkboards! I just found out about that paint 2 days ago myself..lol I couldn't wait to start making some and yours turned out perfect!
XO