Friday, March 18, 2011

Sweet Dreams


Have you ever had a nightmare that is vivid and seems real?  The next morning you wake up and remember the colors, the sights, the sounds, the smells, the horror?  The people in my dream were sort of mixed up, but I sure didn't like what happened!  (It was an accident.) I usually attribute wild dreams to having eaten spicy food!  I'm not sure if that's true for all people, but it's true for me.  I think before I go to bed I need to read from my Bible...
"...He gives His beloved sleep..."  Psalm 127:2

And then talk to the Shepherd before falling asleep!  He is going to be up all night anyway.  One of my favorite books is "God Works the Night Shift", by Ron Mehl. 

God Works the Night Shift: Acts of Love Your Father Performs Even While You Sleep


Here's a sign I painted a couple years ago, "Sweet Dreams".  I made it to go with a pretty soft baby blanket as a baby shower gift:

The recent tragedies in Japan and the people there weigh heavy on my mind.  First a outrageous earthquake, then the tsunami, and now the nuclear plant meltdown.  Mark and I are praying for the people in Japan.

In the wee hours of the morning (one week ago) the tsunami actually affected our coastal area as well.  The tsunami warning sirens rang up and down the coast here in Oregon and the west coast.  The great distance the tsunami traveled dispersed the waters enough that the damage here was minimal.  But the scare was not minimal for many people living on the low lands near the ocean.  They were all told to "move to higher ground".  Many didn't sleep at all. 

(I took this photo)

(I took this photo, it's hard to see but it says, "TSUNAMI WARNING")

Knowing God is still in control gives me comfort, and I should sleep in peace. 


Sweet dreams, my friends, sweet dreams....
    ~Heidi

(Linked to Romantic Home's Show & Tell Friday)

4 comments:

Dreams and Decor said...

I love your sweet dreams sign! And that book sounds so good! After reading your post, I just got a copy tonight through Buy-it-now off of eBay for less than $7.00, including shipping! I can't wait to get it. Thanks for sharing about it! I do believe that God is always working "behind the scenes" for us even if we can't see anything happening yet! And if God is for us who can be against us! By the way, I found you thru Cindy's Romantic Homes. Take care Patti in Texas

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I love that Ron Mehl book, Heidi! Sweet Dreams to you! I love listening to his old radio broadcast too...

mimi said...

Thank you for sharing this book with us. There are times when I wake at night for unknown reasons and I just can't fall back to sleep. My mind twists and turns with all kinds of things. I love the verse in Psalm 63:6
I must look for my own copy of that book.
Sweet Dreams to you Heidi
xoxox
Mimi

Charcuterie Recipes said...

Interesting thhoughts