Friday, January 14, 2011

Be Happy Friday!

Just for today...Be Happy!



Sitting in the center of our kitchen table is this pretty Mary Engelbreit plate.  One of my sisters gave it to me years ago and whenever I look at it I smile.  I think of my sister and how cheerful she always is.  It is our choice to see things through *a smile*, so to speak, and that is one major thing this sister and I have in common: our outlook on daily life as seen through a *smile*.  We choose to be happy, and this choice is easy because of the joy in our hearts.

Oh, the PRECIOUS baby is Claira, at age 3 months.  What a doll! (She's our third grandchild!)

So the plate sits in a plate holder that I've painted a coordinating green to sort of match the plate.  I love to use these plate holders, as well as small "easels" all around our home.  I put plates in them, photos in them, homemade chalkboards in them, books and more.  But when you buy them from the store you usually only have two choices, unfinished wood or white. 

So just select a bottle of craft paint the color you like and paint away. 

FAST and EASY craft! 

I've got one out right now I'll paint RED today, for my Valentine's Day decor! I'll show that soon!

But for today, be happy...  Blessings, Heidi



3 comments:

Alisa Noble said...

Outlook is truly everything and yours is fabulous, Heidi!
I hope Soul Restoration is going well for you.
Hugs,
Alisa

Scrap for Joy said...

I agree with you Heidi. What is the quote-You're as happy as you make up your mind to be-I think it's a Mark Twain quote. We decide every morning when we awake what our mood is going to be. I think it's easier to be happy than to be miserable!
You make me smile!!
xoxo

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there~ Great idea and I love the color you chose- the red will be fantastic too! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)